1. Create a modern user experience
The standard of website usability has grown with big technology companies setting the bar for easy navigation. Professional companies should create designs and experiences are strategically to be unique, innovative and professional. If a user navigates from Google or Facebook, to your website – is there a gap in how the website feels?
- Design – Does the branding and look of the website feel professional and trustworthy?
- Speed – How fast does it load?
- Effects – Does it use the latest scroll effects, animations, anything to differentiate?
- Navigation – How does a user’s experience flow from page to page? Are they able to find what they’re looking for?
2. Have pages focused on call to action
Every webpage needs to have a purpose. First, you need to identify what that intent is. Is it to fill out a form, make a purchase, book an appointment, make a phone call or visit your store? Do you need to direct them to another page with a call to action page section?
Or get them to submit a form right on the page? Or add something to their cart?
3. Integrate software to streamline business processes
What software should you integrate to streamline people to perform the desired actions on your website? Here are some examples:
- Salon Website – Appointment booking engine with service time slots and different staff
- Real Estate Website – Interactive map of property, listings widget to show individual property details
- Daycare Website – Tour booking popup with dynamic calendar dates
- Travel Agency Website – Dynamic deals widget and database search integration
- SaaS (Software as a service) Website – Membership levels and payment subscription integration
- Job board – Ability for users to submit profiles and recruits to upload job listings
And anything beyond this that requires custom code, make sure your project manager understands the entire scope of functionalities and that your engineer(s) can execute.
4. Write the website to be professional, natural and SEO friendly
We write the content of your website to speak to Google’s algorithms so the internet understands the content of what your business has to offer. We take into account readability and write for YOUR customer. We marry the necessity of inserting SEO friendly keywords with a fluent, natural and professional tone that Google crawls to detect for valuable content.
5. Optimize for SEO (Search engine optimization) internally and externally
SEO is often the make or break of a lot of companies. Getting on the first page means getting 91.5% of organic traffic! Professionals like our website agency make sure your website is designed to be SEO friendly then we use whitehat link building to raise the authority of your website.
First, you have to study and analyze your current positioning and web pages to figure out what needs to be improved and implemented for better rankings. This will ensure you use the most popular and targeted keyword to maximize website traffic and sales. Keyword selection will also be based on the competitive analysis, which will help generate quicker results on Google. Look at competitive data from your top 10 competitors on Google, which will extract your competitor’s page authority.
Because the search engine industry is a highly competitive and changing marketplace, monthly maintenance is absolutely necessary if you want to gain and sustain top placements in Google in the long haul. Updates on your website are required to keep up with the latest search engine algorithms, develop quality and contextual link partners, re-tweak pages as necessary. Continuous submissions to directories, article writing and submissions make your website relevant and increases its authority in your competitive space.
6. Don’t stop updating your website
Lastly, a huge mistake people make after getting their website created is they leave it dormant, hoping it’s enough to attract customers. Search engines KNOW that active businesses have evolving content and do not give credit to websites that do not change. Technology needs continuous optimization, information needs to be edited and updated as changes occur. A great easy way to keep things fresh on your website is simply to use built in blog functions and write short articles at least once a month to keep your website relevant.
Use Google’s free tools like Analytics, Webmaster and Search Console to continuously analyze:
- What is your traffic?
- Where is your traffic coming from?
- How long are they spending on your site?
- What keywords are getting them there?
- What errors are driving them away?
There are many options to create your own website out there, for much lower costs. However, as discussed above, going to a professional website company is also an option for real businesses looking to get to that next level of really getting visitors and converting them into customers.